Transportation industry screening services that are true to the speed of your transport business.
Peopletrail is the preferred screening provider for several transportation organizations. We have the services you need, whether you offer air travel, interstate trucking, or local delivery.
Background checks in the transportation industry are vital. Failure to carry out routine screening could result in increased costs, decreased customer satisfaction, and increased attrition.
There is a lot riding on the transportation industry. We understand that you are not just transporting goods, but every-day items people rely on. You make sure that your client's business and ambitions become a reality with your transport service. One bad hiring decision can lead to lost customers, stolen goods, lost time, and a tarnished reputation.
Peopletrail successfully elevates the hiring difficulties of this highly regulated industry. We offer specific solutions tailor-made for the transportation sector since we understand that your business needs to be DOT and FAA compliant. The best part about doing business with us – you get to choose the services you need.
Why Should You Work with Peopletrail?
You need Peopletrail’s services if you are hiring for the trucking and transportation industry.
- Complete Compliance - Our background screenings ensure that you are compliant with the minimum standards placed by DOT, FMCSA, and other mandates of Title 49 Transportation. We also up do date with relevant associations such as AAMVA. Having compliant employees allows your clients to be confident that their valuables and assets are in safe hands.
- Flexibility - We offer customized background checks that are industry-specific and meets the unique needs of each client. We understand that every organization has its own standards, processes, and needs. Therefore, we offer flexibility among our services for you to get exactly what you are looking for. You do not need to pay for frivolous extras with us.
- Quick and Accurate Results - At Peopletrail, we pride ourselves in offering fast turnarounds. We have a distinctive system of delivering comprehensive background checks in the shortest possible time frame. You can count on us to carry out quick yet detailed background checks when you are looking to fill in positions quickly.
Get Started 👇
Core Background Checks for the Transportation Industry
Our clients from the transportation industry have requested several types of screenings to be in line with DOT requirements over the years. These checks have become the core component of our trucking and transportation industry offerings.
Commercial Driver’s License
Peopletrail conducts thorough checks for prospective applicants that are required to have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Our checks include confirming various particulars and verifying license authenticity. For instance, we typically check the license number, license status, and the date it was issued and when it is expiring. We also investigate relevant issues regarding the CDL, such as violations, driving restrictions, and suspensions.
We like to take things a step further. If you want, we can also check all previous licenses held by the potential hire. We can report the issuing authority of the additional state license and whether any issues were reported within state boundaries.
Criminal Background Checks
Criminal background checks are at the forefront of all employment screenings. You should know if the applicant you are interested in has a criminal history at state, federal or local levels. We can investigate and provide information about past criminal convictions, whether felonies or misdemeanors. We can also find information about legal penalties, fines, and cautions imposed on the candidate.
DOT Employment Verification
Certain industries are regulated by Title 49 Transportation and are required to perform mandatory pre-employment, periodic, and random record checks. These areas stipulated by the following Department of Transportation (DOT regulations:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG)
Peopletrail specializes in offering these mandatory checks, DOT employment verifications, driving record verifications, and drug and alcohol testing for employees in the trucking and transportation industry. We can help you stay compliant with industry regulations by implementing annual testing.
DOT employment verification is among the most detailed background checks. This includes uncovering specific information about driving records from the past three years. As stipulated by the US Department of Transportation, it is necessary to complete DOT employment verifications within 30 days of the applicant being hired.
Drug & Alcohol Testing
Hiring candidates that do not abuse drugs or alcohol is one of the critical requirements in the transportation industry. The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) along with 49 CFR Part 382-Part 40 cannot stop emphasizing this. Driving while on drugs is inexcusable by the DOT and severe sanctions are routinely levied on employers that allow this to happen.
Employers are challenged with the creative ways that potential candidates use to beat the system and standardized drug testing. We understand these practices at Peopletrail and employ the very best that technology has to offer. We do everything in our power to weed out employees who have a drug problem.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and DOT have outlined minimum health requirements for Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) holders. Under normal circumstances, a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate (ME Certificate) is required to operate commercial vehicles.
It is a standard practice among employers in the transportation industry to conduct separate health screenings. This ensures their drivers are up to the job and at par with the health standards required to complete the job. Peopletrail has a comprehensive health screening system and we can ascertain whether a driver is in peak health and meets your expectations as an employer.
Other Recommended Background Checks
Besides the above-mentioned screening checks, we recommend the following categories as well.
- Educational verification: You may want to know if an applicant was honest about their academic credentials by using our exhaustive educational investigation.
- Professional license checks: We can verify the genuineness and authenticity of almost all professional licenses provided by the applicant.
- Employment verification: We check all references and investigate employment history to determine flaws.